The tweb-channels utility allows to easily
manage multiple sites providing "interesting" web pages by automating
the download, ZIP archive creation, and copying to the Agenda.
tweb-channels operates in the
$HOME/.tweb directory. For
each channel, there is
- a config file
<name>.channel storing information
about the web site to poll
- during download, the HTML files are stored in a
- after download, the final ZIP archive is created as
<name>.zip and copied to the PDA.
This is tweb-channel's main window:
- The area in the upper left is the list of channels. It shows
- The channel name (e.g., "bbc2")
- The size of a downloaded ZIP archive
- A description string for the channel
- The upper right are allows to
- Create a new channel
- Edit the currently selected channel
- Download HTML pages for the selected channel and create a ZIP archive
- Copy the ZIP archive to the Agenda
- Terminate the program
- The bottom area contains a log for the executed commands (wget,
The edit window allows to create or modify channels:
- The Name field contains the channel name. Keep in mind that this
is mapped to a file name, so it should be short.
- The Description field contains a more verbose definition of the
- The URL field contains the URL of the starting page; note that if
the start page is specified as a directory (assuming some implicit
rules on that web server), then the trailing slash must be specified.
- The Search depth allows to specify to what depth links are being
followed; in any case, however, only pages that are below the start
URL are loaded.
Back to the main page
Email to firstname.lastname@example.org to