Download the current
development snapshot (v0.14)
(tar.gz file with 1.2.xS[NOW] mips binary and sourcecode) of
Prescribble the note jotting app for people with
handwriting as bad as doctors signatures. (Yes, thats where the names from - a mix between prescription and scribble :-)
- Multiple note pages - start with 4, and can increase at the end.
- Horizontal and/or vertical guidelines for easier writing (optional)
- Simple undo and redo (doesn't work properly for erase yet)
- Crude erase modes, as well as zoom, box and delete mode.
- Hack to use .gz files as input/output (run with
- Very configurable using commandline switches
- a Ruby script for the workstation, so that you can convert your
prescribble.dat file to a
Scalable Vector Graphics
I personally plan to use some viewing/converting program (such as
for printing the SVG, when I have notes I want out on paper. (Here is an
example of notes, which was 91Kb in Prescribble text format, 126Kb as SVG after running
prescrib2svg.rb and 247Kb as JPEG after running export in Batik)
Well, atleast its yet another dandy FLTK example program :-)
- support tools to make it readable by some other program for
printing/viewing/editing on the host computer???
- clever stroke reduction
- grid snapping for strokes?
- (someone wanted clever HWR program connectivity,
but that I will probably _never_ get around to even attempt!)
Looking for a SNOW version?
See the experimental section with subsections for other versions.