An evolved version of the standard Agenda launchpad application
that is folder-based rather than the more menu-based original version.
Starting from version 1.8, the instant wakeup update feature needs the
newer versions of gbm and apm-sleep which send wake-up
events after resuming from hibernation.
- Based on the LIP lauchpad
- Adds a notion of hierarchy so that flpad first comes up with a list
of the various application groups (as the first level of the vrsm menu).
- Supports a file browser type interface, so applications groups are
like folders and you move into a folder by clicking on it. This
then brings up the set of applications in the selected group.
- Adds a set of "Active" windows, similar to the sub-menu on vrsm
- Large-font date and/or time in the statusbar with user-defined formats
- Battery icon and accurate battery meter borrowed from flbatt
- Automatic asyncronous update of battery and date-time at wake-up/power-on
based on wake-up events (SIGCONT) sent by newer versions of apm-sleep
and gbm (old method still available by using -DOLD_UPDT compiling option)
- Visual feedback to signal battery reading. A bug in the batt A/D driver,
adif.c, may cause flpad to get blocked after a long hibernation period.
The feedback allows you to be aware of this situation -- and overcome it
by a simply pw-on/pw-off or touching the screen.
- Overloads statusbar widgets to launch apps by clicking and/or dragging
- Allows directory xpms: the user can define pixmaps for directories too
- Automatic xpm file mapping
- Use the preferences file ".launchpad" to define: date-time format,
battery type, battery and date-time refresh periods and programs
to be launched by clicking/dragging statusbar widgets