flirc Information Page (2001-08-13)
Hello Agenda Users,
This info page is meant to describe the actual development of flirc, the
fast light IRC client. As I don't have very much time for writing docs, this
page will become out of date as soon as I upload it somewhere. :)))
The current flirc release is 0.09f.
flirc is an IRC client designed specially with PDAs like the Agenda VR3 in mind.
The main criteria for flirc are:
This implies that extraordinary features will be configurable at compile time,
so you don't need the whole stuff on your flash disk.
- Compact GUI
- fast execution (no scripting, no hooks, no winamp^H^H^H^H^H^Hxmms plugin)
- minimal memory footprint
Things that do work
- /HELP - type it and see what you can do (some commands not yet
- Connecting to servers with /server address[:port] or through
Server list in menu.
- /JOINing one channel (the focus is going to the last you
joined, but doesn't return to the previous, when you /PART
- Command line history (button to the left of the input line)
- Formatting for many (most?) server messages
- CTCP ping and version replys.
- Compiling for snow disks (make snow in flirc dir)
Things that don't work
- Setup dialog - should be only available when not connected; not all fields
and buttons implemented.
- DCC handling (does anyone need it? no? I'll do it anyway - but not now :))
- Formatting for some server messages
- Anything I forgot here ;)
You can get flirc from:
Here I'll mention anyone who bothers to send me useful patches for flirc...
As of now, the only developer of flirc is Georg
Lukas (that's me, yeah ;)
I'd love to get your contributions, ideas, bug reports (e.g. "it crashed without
any reason") or just a comment... Just mail me something...